Chief Information Officer
Chief Information Officer I
Ascension Healthcare – Jersey City, NJ
Title: Chief Information Officer I
City, State: Amsterdam, NY
Location: 427 St Marys Hospital
FT, Days Ascension Information Services is one of the nation’s largest healthcare information technology services organizations. We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that: * Support rapid and effective clinical decision making * Improve efficiency and care transitions * Foster information sharing across the continuum of care * Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
Job Summary: The Chief Information Officer I leads and oversees the organization’s information systems (IS) planning, policies and practices in collaboration with executive leadership.
- Serves as a member of the leadership team and participates in development of the organization’s vision, policies and short/long-term objectives.
- Directs/manages the design, implementation, operation, and security of the organization’s information systems and applications.
- Maintains knowledge of information technology trends and recommends cost effective and efficient solutions.
Serves as liaison between Board of Directors, executive leadership, management, external contacts, and regulatory agencies.
- Conceives of projects requiring extensive systems integration, large teams and multiple systems, with broad implications
- Establishes long-term strategic and policy decisions.
- Possesses a broad strategic vision of the organization’s future services and strategies. Participate in the strategic planning process.
- Directs organizational-wide processes to prioritize projects and organizational investments. Includes approval of funding of organizational projects and investments in conjunction with customers.
- Health Care Experience in IT
- Leading a Service Delivery – support (operations) department at a HCO
- Experience managing a staff of 20+ associates
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong staff development, HR and recruitment experience
- Budget creation and management
- Audit compliance
- Contract Mgt
- Cerner One Chart experience (NOT required)
- EMR implementation experience (op’s support is REQIRED – implementation is not)
- Experience in a matrix’d organization / Mission based organization
How to Apply
Applicants may proceed by clicking on the “Apply Now” button. If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-562-2824 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST M-F.
Equal Employment Opportunity Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
E-Verify Ascension Health – IS (AIS) participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.E-Verify (link to E-verify site)